Job title: Media Researcher \ Editor (Full time)
Department: Programs – El-biro Media foundation
Application deadlines: November 24, 2020
Location : remotely
Period of the contract: 12 months
We are on the lookout for a passionate Journalist working on Libyan context to join our team on ELBIRO media. In addition to being a natural storyteller, the successful applicant must be able to demonstrate an ability to write investigative articles, feature stories, and analytical pieces.
The fearless candidates for this job should possess a talent and enthusiasm for digging out the real stories and uncovering the truth. To excel in this role, you should be friendly, self-motivated, and have exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
Media researcher work in collaboration with editorial team to ensure the consistency of content and publications. As well to develop and curate compelling and engaging content for the audience. The primary duties will include content strategy, proofreading and editing, analysing readership data, and developing our content strategy.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Generate ideas and stories, provide a clear treatments and proposals, and ensuring quality of content.
- Collect, verify and analyze thoroughly newsworthy information
- Manage a range of research projects and resources.
- Interview key persons (witnesses, sources etc.) to obtain more information.
- Gather, corroborate and interpret data.
- Develop content calendar and committed to assign the projects and monitor the deadlines.
- Oversee content production and offer comments and suggestions to improve the content.
- Review, revise, and edit the work of writers and contributors.
- Verify facts, dates, and statistics, using standard reference sources.
- Oversee publication production, including artwork, layout, computer typesetting, and printing.
- Comply with the moral code of the profession.
- Maintain notes and audio recordings.
- Build effective Partner with other journalists, editors and producers etc.
- Establish contacts and sources for use in future research
- Proven working experience as a Journalist or Researcher.
- Portfolio of published articles or newscasts.
- Ability to follow strict deadlines and fast-check information.
- Current knowledge of headlines.
- Computer proficiency (MS Office, digital editing, web search, databases).
- Excellent communication and networking skills along with an aptitude in extracting information.
- Good observation and deduction skills.
- Integrity and morality.
- BSc degree in journalism or relevant field.
Please send an email referring to job title (Media Researcher \ Editor ) in the subject line along with a resume and at least 2 samples of your relevant work to firstname.lastname@example.org
About us: Elbiro is an independent organisation aims to promote the fundamental human rights and consolidate its values and principles in Libya.
the organisation established in 2017 and build an interactive & dynamic group of journalists, creative writers and activists with interest of domestic issues and common good that used to show in form of visual essays, podcast, investigations, explanatory videos & data visualisation.